+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wrapping a horn

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Wrapping a horn

I need to rewrap my saddle horn and dont know the best way to go about it. I will be using latigo and not mule hide as I have alot of latigo and no mule hide. I would like to know what the best method is to get it nice and tight and as seemless as posible ( like you guys didnt know that part) I am just curious if you pros could fill me in on your best methods.
    Thanks
    Tim
    Keep one leg on each side and your mind in the middle

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Tim I posted an a reply on Leather workers site,
    Steve

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I saw that and thanks for all of the info. I will let you all know if I screw it up.LOL
    Keep one leg on each side and your mind in the middle

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Your welcome Tim

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Horn wrap

Hi Tim,

Please watch the next issue of the Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal. I wrote about doing the mule hide wrap, latigo wrap and a simple wrap. The article will be in the next issue. I don't know if they will print all of it or break it up into more than one issue.

Bob K.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009

I think we should be able to store articles like the one you mentioned here at leatherpros. This would be a great knowledgebase for the membership. If we have permission to do so of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Klenda View Post
    Hi Tim,

Please watch the next issue of the Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal. I wrote about doing the mule hide wrap, latigo wrap and a simple wrap. The article will be in the next issue. I don't know if they will print all of it or break it up into more than one issue.

Bob K.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I agree Swordsman. It has worked very well on other sites. It's great to be able to go look up articles when you need them.

Bobby

"Long Live Cowboys!"

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009

horn wraps

Swordsman,

I will probably be talking to Steve tomorrow, I will ask him about posting articles, he may already be working on the ability to do it. Maybe he will want to follow up on acquiring permission from David at the Leather Crafters Journal, otherwise I can do it.

Bob

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Horn Wrap

Good morning, Bob,

When you submit articles to the magazine, do you, in your manuscript heading list
    First Serial Rights? From an authors blog that I visit, the experts have said that when you make that statement, after the magazine has published the articles (s), you can then do whatever you want with it, and sell it or give it to another publisher.

A good friend of mine, who is a leatherworker and author and who has had articles published in the Leather Crafters & Saddler's Journal was the one who gave me the info also, which I also use on all of the articles that I have submitted to the LCSJ and that they have published.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Articles

Hi Ronn,

I am glad you mentioned this and asked the question. I haven't been putting such a listing with my articles. I have talked to David at length about my rights and the magazines rights but I haven't learned about a statement such as you mentioned. I would like to be able to retain ownership in many cases.

Bob

+ Reply to Thread