Tim Kleffner

Tim Kleffner

Tim got started in leather back at age 13 in 7th grade with a Tandy kit. He only made a few pieces each year following. But in 2000 he got a bit more serious and purchesed his first leather sewing machine, a Ferdco Pro 2000 and began making making utilitarian pouches and cases. [ ohm meter pouches cell phone cases and belts]. In 2002 TIm started to change over and learn leather tooling as an art. Decided to go with Sheridan style and made a phone call to Chan Geer. They communicated back and forth phone/mail. Chan invited me up in 2003 and has been his teacher, mentor and friend friend ever since. Tim goes to Sheridan WY in May each year and each year has new and different lesson. He works within the Sheridan style guidelines.

List of wining entries at shows/events:

Hide Crafters Digest 2005 ... monthly catalog contest
    Texas State Fair 2006 ... Blue Ribbon .. notebook
    IFoLG Fort Worth TX, 2007... Best of Catagory ... notebook
    World Debut , Sheridan, WY 2008 Red Ribbon[2nd] ... chinks
    IFoLG Columbus,OH, 2008... Red Ribbon[2nd]... chinks
    World Debut, Sheridan WY, 2009...Blue Ribbon... chinks
    2007 tooled a magazine cover for the Leather Crafters/ Saddlers Journal
    2009 currently have a magazine cover coming soon

Phone: 1-361-855-1101
    E-Mail: hr1909@hotmail.com
    Visit Tim Kleffner's Leather Pros Forum Profile CLICK HERE

Recent Forum Posts Recent Forum Posts

A lot depends on the type of thread, cotton, polyester, nylon. Not good for cotton. You can look up specs for polyester and nylon to see what they are resistant to. If you want to make long... Go to last post

Northmount on 09-13-2014

Oily thread still usable?

Try Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines http://www.tolindsewmach.com/motors.html I bought one from them with 3:1 gear reduction built in. They have newer models now. Give them a call.

Tom Go to last post

Northmount on 09-13-2014

Servo motor for singer 111w154

Great job. This is another thing I should add to my list of things to do. (need a client ready to buy too!)

Tom Go to last post

Northmount on 09-13-2014

Most recent creation

Beautiful work.

Tom Go to last post

Northmount on 09-13-2014

1/3 scale western saddle