Tim Kleffner

Tim Kleffner

Tim got started in leather back at age 13 in 7th grade with a Tandy kit. He only made a few pieces each year following. But in 2000 he got a bit more serious and purchesed his first leather sewing machine, a Ferdco Pro 2000 and began making making utilitarian pouches and cases. [ ohm meter pouches cell phone cases and belts]. In 2002 TIm started to change over and learn leather tooling as an art. Decided to go with Sheridan style and made a phone call to Chan Geer. They communicated back and forth phone/mail. Chan invited me up in 2003 and has been his teacher, mentor and friend friend ever since. Tim goes to Sheridan WY in May each year and each year has new and different lesson. He works within the Sheridan style guidelines.

List of wining entries at shows/events:

Hide Crafters Digest 2005 ... monthly catalog contest
    Texas State Fair 2006 ... Blue Ribbon .. notebook
    IFoLG Fort Worth TX, 2007... Best of Catagory ... notebook
    World Debut , Sheridan, WY 2008 Red Ribbon[2nd] ... chinks
    IFoLG Columbus,OH, 2008... Red Ribbon[2nd]... chinks
    World Debut, Sheridan WY, 2009...Blue Ribbon... chinks
    2007 tooled a magazine cover for the Leather Crafters/ Saddlers Journal
    2009 currently have a magazine cover coming soon

Phone: 1-361-855-1101
    E-Mail: hr1909@hotmail.com
    Visit Tim Kleffner's Leather Pros Forum Profile CLICK HERE

Recent Forum Posts Recent Forum Posts

Anthony, Also best not to use latigo as a liner. It has a great deal more stretch than saddle skirting. I like to bend a little bit of curve into those rigging rings as well. Helps keep the tips... Go to last post

rearinghorseman on 08-01-2015

Flat Plate Rigging Repair

Thanks Keith. It is going to be in heavy use so there's really only one option in my opinion as well. The liner is latigo and it's in decent shape but the top on both sides have some cracks in the... Go to last post

Wood River Saddlery on 08-01-2015

Where can I buy a speed reducer for a Pfaff 145?
    Thanks, LeroyB Go to last post

LeroyB on 08-01-2015

pfaff145 speed reducer

Depending on the rest of the saddle and its intended continued use. If the rest of the saddle shows the same amount of wear as this rigging plate, there are probably other areas in need of... Go to last post

rearinghorseman on 07-31-2015

I am wanting to make a few holsters and mag carriers from kydex
    my biggest problem is finding the thermoplastic "J" hooks that go over your belt for an IWB holster.

when I find them they are... Go to last post

cadguy on 07-31-2015

Looking for j hooks